MD Financial Management is committed to your online security. Our online services use state-of-the-art security protocols. To stay safe online, we encourage clients to adopt good internet habits.
- Passwords must contain between 6 and 20 characters.
- Passwords must also contain at least two letters and at least two other characters (i.e., numbers or special characters).
- No personal information. Never choose a password that has anything to do with you personally.
- No real words. Words that can be found in a dictionary can be easily cracked by password software.
- Mix characters. Use upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters to substitute for letters.
- Use a passphrase. Take your favorite line from a movie, song, or book and convert it to a passphrase. For example, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson in the film A Few Good Men, "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" Turned into a passphrase, it would read "Ywtt?Ychtt!".
Report a Privacy Breach
If you believe your personal information may have been disclosed, stolen or obtained by a fraudulent party either online, by telephone or through any other means, then please call us immediately.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Do not provide confidential personal or financial information to anyone in an email. No one from MD Financial Management or the CMA will ever email to ask you for passwords, account numbers or personal information in an email.
- Do not include your account number or password in emails to MD Financial Management.
- Be suspicious of email attachments from unknown sources. If you do not know or recognize the sender of the email, do not open the attachment.
- If you are unsure of the authenticity of an email, delete it.
- Do not set your email program to "auto-run" attachments. Always check that emails you have received do not contain viruses by running your anti-virus software when the email attachment is received.
- Ignore emails with links to websites requesting personal or financial information. If you receive one of these emails, delete it immediately and do not respond or act on it.
- If you are suspicious of an email that appears to have been sent by the CMA or MD Financial Management, please contact MD Online Support at 1 877 431-0330 immediately.
Always ensure you are transacting on the MD server by typing in the MD Management web address, mdm.ca, yourself.
Look for the lock icon at the bottom of your screen before entering any personal information. A closed lock or padlock indicates that the website you are on is secure.
Clear the cache of your browser after visiting secure sites. Browsers generally cache, or locally store, images of pages you have downloaded to enhance performance. By clearing your cache after visiting secure sites, you ensure no one else can view any confidential information you may have transmitted.
Your account login supports the following browsers:
|Internet Explorer 11.x and higher||Google Chrome||Android|
While some features may currently function properly with non-supported browsers, new feature development will be tested and certified only on the browsers listed above.
For optimal performance and security, please use a supported browser.
Update your browser
MD Online Support 1 877 431-0330