Borrow wisely up to $275,000 by the end of residency2.
Through MD’s business relationship with National Bank, you have access to a flexible financing solution that enables you to borrow only what you need, when you need it. You can:
- Borrow up to $275,000 by the end of residency.
- Control your borrowing with funds provided in annual increments.
- Steer clear of account fees while you are a full-time medical student or resident.
- Easily access your funds through THE EXCHANGE®3 ABM network, with more than 3,300 ATMs across the country4, as well as Interac®5, telephone and online banking.
- Defer payments6 on interest and principal until 12 months after you finish residency (interest accrues during this time).
Plus, get objective financial advice from an experienced MD Advisor.
As a member of the CMA, you are entitled to specialized financial guidance. Your MD Advisor can help you:
- Arrange a Medical Student and Resident Line of Credit to pay for your medical training.
- Design a personalized financial plan to prevent over-borrowing.
- Review your financial plan regularly to ensure your funding lasts until you start practising.
- Design a plan for paying off your debt.
- Review your insurance needs.